Saturday, June 4, 2011

Whirlwind of a year!

I know, I haven't posted in a while.  I could make up all sorts of excuses and claim how busy I was and say that the tyke has just got me a hopping... but, you already know this and while it is fun to drone on and on about how the Lil One is just so exhausting and time consuming and how apparently she has to be attached to my leg just when I realize I might have a minute to myself and it doesn't matter anyhow because I can't leave her alone for one measly second to even brush my teeth because if I do she will be on top of the counter and feeding her puppy some snacks out of the cupboard, while simultaneously squirting every bit of dish soap out of the freaking bottle.  Yeah, I think I just went there and I'll just wrap it up by saying, now you know.

This year has been like the craziest roller coaster ride (good thing I love roller coasters and especially this one).  Just when I, and I say "I" because for 80% of the time I'm here on my own, get her into a groove (schedule) that seems to work for me and is completely great for her (because she basically sets it).  She decides to go and change and mixes it up for a bit (for a few weeks) until she settles back down into a nice routine (again...). 

Not only has it been a crazy year because of the tykes schedule but she has changed so much since last summer when she only knew a few words and phrases to an exploded vocabulary and dialog.  She knows her ABC's and her numbers up to 14 and finds herself totally hilarious (and me too). She is my constant source of entertainment.

She is smart and adventurous, strong willed and kind,  snuggable and busy and often just tells you how it is and just how it's gonna be.  She has developed her own quiet reserved personality that gives you lil glimpses into her explosive imagination and determined will. She takes time to warm up but once she does you have a guaranteed playmate and she aims to make you work and rev up that imagination. 

She has spunk and she has love and it's all mine.  I've never been happier and more content in any job I've ever had. 

So while I've been busy and this last year has been full of anxiety filled twist and turns and ups and downs, I wouldn't change it for anything. I've learned a lot the last 2.5 years and am excited about the education I'll be getting for the next 80 or so years in "The School for Mother brought to you by: Sarah Ruth".

I love you big girl, now lets get on that potty training biz, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment